One of the most critical challenges customers face in their industrial security journey is delivering time to value for their industrial cyber security deployment.
Customers have to navigate a long road to align the technology, people, and processes to defend against the targeted threats and ransomware across all the different areas of their industrial control system environment.
Our mission at Opscura is to connect and protect the deeper levels of the industrial network to allow customers to accelerate their path to prevention.
In order to do this, there are three key use cases we solve:
- Providing Deep Level Visibility to Threat Monitoring Tools – The challenge to bring the first step of visibility to the industrial network requires working within the industrial ecosystem. Customers have to leverage their plant teams and suppliers to upgrade their automation networks adding time and cost to their deployment. With our virtual SPAN port technology, customers can take that first step, quickly deploying at Level 2 without having to deploy additional networking equipment; this reduces cost and adds value, even in environments with legacy switches without port mirroring capabilities.
- Segmentation – Creating segmentation in the process network typically requires using a standard like IEC-62443, which calls for using zones and conduits to isolate critical systems and create security boundaries. Zones are used to logically separate and isolate different areas of the network. Conduits are used to securely connect the different zones together and protect and control traffic crossing the boundaries. Opscura’s technology uses cryptography to create zones and conduits without requiring changes to the network architecture, such as adding VLANs, routers, or re-IPing devices.
- Threat Prevention – The traditional thought process has called for solving visibility and segmentation, then focusing on threat prevention. Our technology is focused on allowing customers to reduce the attack surface immediately. By placing our devices in front of their most critical processes, customers are able to have full Layer 2 protection, removing the attack surface instantly. Furthermore, the deployment will not interfere with plant operations due to our ability to encrypt and decrypt traffic with less than a millisecond of latency.
In order for us to accelerate this vision, it is critical that we deliver integrations with other solutions to be able to deliver customer success. I’m pleased to announce that we have furthered our partnerships with Fortinet, Claroty, and Nozomi Networks to extend these use cases with existing solutions customers are currently deploying.
Opscura is pleased to advance its partnership with Nozomi by announcing that we are an approved Associate partner in its technology integration program and have delivered a solution brief describing the integration based on joint customer deployments – read the solution brief here
Opscura reduces operational risks by protecting vulnerable legacy industrial assets and data, eliminating deeper-level attack surface, and enriching threat monitoring data with deeper visibility. Together with Nozomi Networks, Opscura provides a complete monitoring and protection solution for OT environments.
- Detects threats for the entire OT environment, without requiring taps or network reconfiguration
- Continuously updates with the latest threat information
- Protects OT assets, isolating them from threats
- Enables operators to quickly identify at-risk equipment
and safely isolate it
We are pleased to announce that we have joined the Claroty Tech Alliances program and delivered a validated integration with Claroty – read the solution brief here
Claroty’s state-of-the-art threat monitoring requires data for effective analysis and follow-up mitigation. Claroty Continuous Threat Detection (CTD) provides visibility across the OT landscape of assets, providing a rich management interface to identify and detect threats. Opscura provides deeper-layer data from Purdue Model Level 2 to enhance Claroty visibility. Opscura can also control communications between network segments, providing only the data the operator deems safe to share.
The two solutions can be deployed either in sequence, with Opscura first to segment and gather data and Claroty second to perform monitoring, or simultaneously as a plant security upgrade during regular maintenance cycles.
We are pleased to announce that we have joined the Fortinet Security Fabric Alliance Program for Operational Technology – read the solution brief here
The Fortinet Security Fabric brings together the concepts of convergence and consolidation to provide comprehensive cybersecurity protection for all users, devices, and applications and across all network edges. Fortinet provides secure networking, threat intelligence, network, and security operations solutions.
For customers with industrial control systems, Fortinet firewalls are often deployed at Purdue Model Level 3 or 3.5 to block or allow traffic based on anomaly detection, rules, and other customer criteria. Customers may also use Fortinet management consoles and seek to act on Fortinet threat research.
Opscura provides deeper-layer OT network data from Purdue Model Level 2 and OSI Model Layer 2 to enrich Fortinet Level 3 and 3.5 (and up) firewall capabilities. In addition, Opscura provides cloaking, segmentation, and other methods to protect industrial processes from the risk of unauthorized access, operational disruption, data theft, and hacker reconnaissance.
We are pleased to announce these partnerships and validated integrations to continue our journey to protect and connect the deepest layer of the industrial networks. We look forward to working closely with our partners, making ICS protection faster, easier, and more collaborative, without sacrificing security strength along the way. To see Opscura in action, request a demo here.