Opscura, a company that specializes in industrial control systems (ICS) cybersecurity technology, has raised $9.4 million in Series A funding led by investment firm Anzu Partners.
The company is using the funding to “engage further U.S. partners and customers seeking to protect and connect their critical operations,” according to a prepared statement.
New Management Team in Place
In addition, Opscura is launching a new brand global management team. Opscura CEO Brian Brammeier will lead the team, and co-founders Gerard Vidal and Carlos Tomás will serve as the company’s chief technology officer and vice president of engineering, respectively.
Meanwhile, Opscura continues to look for ways to “move beyond device visibility to protect [its customers’] critical industrial assets and data,” Hatchell said. Opscura also is well equipped to tackle the most pressing “cybersecurity problems and move the entire ICS ecosystem forward,” Hatchell noted.
What MSSPs Need to Know About Opscura
Opscura’s technology “protects and connects the very heart of operational networks,” the company stated. The technology’s capabilities include:
- Operational Technology (OT) Protection isolates and cloaks industrial assets and data.
- Crypto Segmentation uses cryptography to segment networks and isolate OT assets.
- Vulnerability Masking utilizes a security cloaking technique to mask vulnerabilities in OT assets from IT networks.
- Encryption automates key and certificate management and encrypts OT protocols.
- Virtual Scan Port streams data to security monitoring and threat management tools.
MSSPs can use Opscura’s technology in their data centers if they own the customers’ security infrastructure or recommend it to customers and have their data streamed to them, a company spokesperson told MSSP Alert. The technology lets MSSPs use cloaking, crypto segmentation and other security capabilities to bolster their managed security services. It also provides MSSPs with security monitoring data that they can use to deliver their services.
Opscura offers a partner program for MSSPs, MSPs and other technology providers. The company’s technology can be used in conjunction with solutions from Claroty, Nozomi Networks and other cybersecurity companies.